Current HR News and Resources
Looking for the latest HR trends, tips and news? Want to get up to the minute information on legislative updates affecting your business?
The HRGI Newsroom features links to articles, news stories, and resources focusing on strategic HR issues including: compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, performance, organizational behavior, legislative compliance and employment law.
Human Resources Articles by HRGI
We are aware that time is of the essence for you. That is why we have taken the latest ideas and concepts in Human Resources and condensed them into concise, easy-to-read articles. Week after week, we will bring you the latest in training, development and many other issues in human resources.
The Employee Handbook
Last month we discussed the HR Audit and how it can help you improve your efficiencies and identify your HR needs. Often times once the audit is complete companies realize they need a solid and practical handbook.
Published Thu, 05 Oct 2006
Performance Management is a hot topic among many companies today. It is a critical part of any successful company.
Published Sun, 17 Sep 2006
The HR Audit
Human Resources is a necessary part of doing business today. Companies have found that implementing human resources to their day to day business can help minimize employee issues before they become a problem.
Published Tue, 05 Sep 2006
Recent studies estimate that managers spend between 30 percent and 40 percent of their time each day tending to conflicts, whether between employees, employees and managers, between departments or even between companies.
Published Tue, 18 Jul 2006
Human Resources News & Headlines From Around The Web
Newsfeed powered by moreover...
Resources And Links
Federal and State employment agencies:
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
- Washington State Employment Security Department
Common forms, publications and programs:
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification*
- Form W-4*
- DSHS New Hire Reporting Program
- Publication 15-B: Employer's Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits*
*You must have Adobe® Reader® installed to view these forms.
Fact sheets, tips, tools and FAQ's
- 10 Ergonomics Tips
- Answers To EEO-1 Filing Questions Often Asked By Employers
- COBRA Continuation Health Coverage FAQ
- COBRA Fact Sheet
- Drug-Free Workplace Advisor
- HIPAA OnLine
- Hiring workers under age 18
- OSHA Ergonomics
- OSHA Record Keeping FAQ
- OSHA Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division: Fact Sheets
- Washington State Ergonomics Evaluation Tools
Employment law posters
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Minimum Wage
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act
Experience Profit Improvement With Sophisticated HR Business Practices That Are Easy To Implement And Follow
For more information regarding our products and services, and to discuss your businesses needs and how we can best assist you, please call (206) 947-4905, or complete our contact form.